Dear Friends and Family,
Our amazing Rhine River Cruise Journey has SOLD-OUT!
As a veteran travel industry executive, I dreamt of chartering staterooms aboard a river cruise ship (because I LOVE river cruising SO much). I imagined cruising along a peaceful European river .. exploring new cultures, sights, sounds and sensational tastes. Surrounding me would be the curious, smiling faces of INTERESTING & FUN FRIENDS & FAMILY!
Today, our special group are counting down the days to this reality. Our journey begins in Zurich, Switzerland on April 18th, 2017. We have selected the absolute best-in-class river cruise company, AmaWaterways, and what promises to be the most luxurious new river cruise ship afloat: AmaKristina. (She is being built right now!!)
We are excited and grateful to experience a trip-of-a-lifetime together!
Stuart, Kimberly & Sherry
PS: If you’d like to join our special private group aboard AmaKristina a request can be made for additional staterooms – please hurry as this voyage is almost completely sold-out.
PSS: For up-to-date news & information please email Stuart
Stuart Cohen is an international motivational speaker, business coach, author and 29-year travel industry executive and visionary. He is also a certified integrative health coach. Stuart is father to two children (his son attends university, his daughter begins graduate school in 2016).
Kimberly Cohen is a nurse practitioner specializing in cardiology, certified integrative health coach, wellness blogger, and mother of four boys (her youngest are twins who attend high school, her older two boys attend university).
Kimberly and Stuart are married just over two years. Their honeymoon was celebrated on a Danube River cruise – aboard the AmaCella (March 2014). The couple resides in a suburb of Memphis, TN.
Sherry Laskin Kennedy is a cruise and travel writer, blogger, photographer, storyteller and iTunes podcaster. Her mission is to entertain, inspire and encourage readers to experience the joys of cruising and travel through her own adventures. Visit her popular blog site at cruisemaven.com.
Note of interest: Sherry has completed the Rhine River cruise more than SIX times! Her insight and experiences will help prepare the way for our April 2017 adventure.
Itinerary: The Enchanting Rhine
To download a copy of this scheduled itinerary, click HERE.
We chose a spectacular itinerary called The Enchanting Rhine. Filled with castles and ruins, steeped in medieval history and ancient legends, the Rhine River will be a highly scenic, enticing journey!
Our awesome 12-day trip begins with two nights in Zurich and then two nights in Lucerne.
Then, we venture to Basel to meet our ship – the brand new AmaKristina. We will set out for a journey along the legendary Rhine River through Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
To view our itinerary on the official AmaWaterway’s web site please click HERE.
Ship: AmaKristina Features
AmaKristina is under construction as we speak! Our river cruise ship will be NEW when we sail the Rhine in 2017. With a design inspired by classic ocean yachts, the new 158-passenger AmaKristina provides our group with a luxurious, warm and very friendly ambience found only aboard AmaWaterways vessels! AmaKristina is our floating ’boutique hotel’ for 8-days.
AmaKristina Special Features Quick Look:
- Panoramic Lounge with bar; piano and dance floor; and Observation Lounge.
- Complimentary specialty tea & coffee station available 24/7.
- Elevator reaches the Restaurant, Lobby/Main Lounge and staterooms on Violin & Cello Decks.
- Beauty salon, massage and spa services.
- Walking track, heated pool and fitness room.
- Bicycles for exploring on one’s own or on guided bicycle tours.
Stateroom Amenities & Features Quick Look:
- All outside accommodations, with revolutionary “Twin Balconies” on the Violin & Cello decks
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with high-thread count linens, plush pillows and duvet cover.
- Cozy sitting area perfect for admiring scenic river views.
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet shower heads.
- Premium European toiletries, plus plush terry robes and slippers.
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hair dryer, safe and direct-dial telephone.
- Flat-screen TV featuring local and satellite channels.
- In-room entertainment on-demand system providing free Internet access, TV shows, movies and music.
- Individually controlled air-conditioning.
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily.
Dining & Restaurant Features Quick Look:
- Main Dining Restaurant – offering regional specialties using locally sourced ingredients.
- The Chef’s Table – a specialty restaurant, which serves as an intimate dining alternative to the main restaurant.
- Complimentary unlimited fine wine, beer, soft drinks with every lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary unlimited specialty coffees with every lunch & dinner, plus sparkling wine at breakfast.
To see more about AmaKristina you can visit the official AmaWaterway’s web site HERE.
Ship: AmaKristina Deck Plan
We have charted (pre-paid for) choice staterooms in the following categories (AA, AB, BA and BB). Chartering, versus taking group space, allows us to have first choice of staterooms and to acquire exclusive rates that are truly exceptional!
SUITES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!
To see more about AmaKristina you can visit the official AmaWaterways web site HERE.
What is Included
We have created very special, EXCLUSIVE Friends & Family package pricing that includes just about everything. AmaWaterways already provides a highly inclusive cruise experience. We’ve built in even more to make the value and convenience absolutely outstanding!
What is INCLUDED:
- Accommodations. Choose your stateroom board AmaKristina! (Deposit early for the best availability).
- Shore excursions. Daily shore excursions will take us to the heart of the city, town or village. No waiting in line to visit the most famous landmarks as well as its hidden gems. Local guides are all English-speaking. Set your own pace. Enjoy state-of-the-art QuietVox headsets. Enjoy riverside bikeways (yes, bicycles and helmets included!). See HERE and see our daily itinerary and daily excursions. Click HERE to visit the AmaWaterways web site and read more about shore excursions.
- All gourmet meals onboard. Amawaterways is proud to be the only river cruise line invited to join one of the prestigious La Chaine des Rotisseurs. Early Risers enjoy breakfast in the Main lounge while a full buffet breakfast with made-to-order specialties, accompanied by freshly-baked breads and pastries is served from 7am daily. At lunch, we are treated to an enticing buffet complete with fresh salads, pasta dishes, hot entrees, and desserts, as well as meals to order from the menu; a light lunch option is also available in the Main Lounge. In the afternoon, stop by the Main Lounge for tea or complimentary espresso, as well as sandwiches, pastries and cookies. Dinner is a multi-course affair, accompanied by free-flowing wines and beer. Click HERE to visit the AmaWaterways web site and read more about why DINING is a truly magical experience.
- Wine & Beer with lunch and dinner. Every lunch and dinner on board includes free-flowing regional wines as well as complimentary beer and soft drinks. Complimentary sparkling wine is also served with breakfast.
- Coffee, Tea, Ice Water, Ice Tea. These are provided with all meals. Cappuccino and Expresso can be requested free of charge during all meals as well. Coffee and Tea will always be available complimentary all day.
- Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Receptions. These are always fun. We’ll get all dapper and mix and mingle with our ship’s crew – and our great group of friends and family.
- Stateroom amenities. Bottled water is replenished daily in our staterooms. Enjoy the fluffy robes and slippers! Click HERE to visit the AmaWaterways web site and read more about why our staterooms will be splendidly comfortable (with too-good-to-be-true-views!).
- Swimming Pool & Fitness equipment. Yes, we have a swimming pool up on the Sun Deck for us to lavish in!
- Bicycles. Whether you join a guided bike tour or explore with friends, bicycles (complete with helmets) offer us the ultimate in touring freedom.
- Nightly Piano Music. Social time is splendid! We connect, share stories of the day, compare pictures, make new friends, plan for the day ahead and maybe even dance!
- Cruise Director. Services of an English-speaking cruise director will become a wondrous part of our journey.
- Internet. Complimentary use of the ship’s wifi is available to you in the lounges. Send pics and post on Facebook. Get everyone at home green with envy about your amazing river cruise experiences! Internet is also available via flat screen TV and keyboard in your stateroom (so you don’t need to bring a laptop computer). Internet is always based on availability – remember, we’ll be cruising through the Rhine River valleys!
What is NOT normally included but we ARE INCLUDING for OUR guests ONLY:
- Port charges INCLUDED. Port charges ($168 per person) are already included in your Friends & Family Package.
- Gratuities INCLUDED. Gratuities for the entire crew including the Cruise Director are already included in your Friends & Family Package.
- BONUS EXTRA SPECIAL PRIVATE V.I.P. CONCIERGE SERVICES: Because Sherry Laskin, also known as the Cruise Maven, is our very special co-host, she will be providing ‘VIP’ tips throughout our journey together! Sherry’s expertise will ONLY be available to friends & family within our special group.
- BONUS EXTRA SPECIAL PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE SHORE EXCURSION: (It’s a secret to be revealed during our October 21st presentation. We know you’re going to LOVE it!). This will ONLY be available to friends & family in our special group.
- BONUS EXTRA SPECIAL PRIVATE WELCOME RECEPTION IN ZURICH. This will ONLY be available to friends & family in our special group.
What is NOT INCLUDED?
- Travel Protection is not already built in but we encourage all travelers to purchase a plan. We offer budget friendly plans through Travel Insured International. Rates and plan details will be made available.
- Other beverages that you may purchase from the bar.
- Personal telephone calls made from staterooms or the reception area.
- Gift shop and other personal charges.
- Beauty Salon and Massage services.
- Airport transfers (if you have not purchased AmaWaterways airfare).
- Items purchased off the ship.
To learn more about LIFE ONBOARD an AmaWaterways river cruise, click HERE to visit their web site.
Rates: Friends & Family Package
Dates: Events & Deadlines
We produced a three-part series of ‘information presentations’ and delivered them ‘live’ online. Please see the recordings now by clicking below!
DATES & DEADLINES QUICK REVIEW
February 10, 2016 .. DEPOSIT window opens
February 11, 2016 .. DEPOSIT window closes
April 18, 2016 .. Second DEPOSIT due
November 18, 2016 .. FINAL payment due
AGENDA FOR THE INFORMATION PRESENTATIONS
JANUARY 26, 2016 — CLICK TO SEE THE REPLAY NOW
Presentation #1: “What’s it all about?” Meet your river cruise hosts Stuart, Kimberly and Sherry during this official kick-off information session. Get a complete review of what’s in store for this special April 2017 river cruise group. Plus: the top reasons why we chose to do a river cruise charter and selected the AmaKristina as our AmaWaterways vessel. Stick around for optional ‘ask us anything’ after the presentation.
FEBRUARY 2, 2016 — CLICK TO SEE THE REPLAY NOW
Presentation #2: Our special guest co-host Sherry (aka Cruise Maven) as she reveals details about the brand new Enchanting Rhine itinerary set for 2017. Take a day-by-day tour of where we’ll be and what we’ll see. Stick around for optional ‘ask us anything’ after the presentation.
FEBRUARY 9, 2016 — CLICK TO SEE THE REPLAY NOW
Presentation #3: See why our exclusive Friends & Family Rates are so spectacular! Learn why we have included almost everything to add simplicity, convenience and superior value. See the prime choice of categories and staterooms that have been reserved aboard AmaKristina. Get the deposit information and payment schedule options. Stick around for optional ‘ask us anything’ after the presentation.
FEBRUARY 10-11, 2016
Select your choice of stateroom with your $400 per person deposit! We are available ALL DAY to help you choose and answer your questions.
SEE OUR KICK-OFF PRESENTATION SERIES RIGHT NOW:
SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 – – – CLICK TO SEE NOW
OCTOBER 7, 2015 … CLICK TO SEE NOW
OCTOBER 14, 2015 … CLICK TO SEE NOW
OCTOBER 21, 2015 … CLICK HERE TO SEE NOW
Video Library +
We’ll be posting LOTS of awesome videos and stuff here! Be on the lookout…
See our premier presentation recorded on Sep 30th!
See our second presentation recorded on Oct 7th! Sherry gives us the day by day itinerary review.
See our third presentation recorded on Oct 14th! Stuart & Kimberly share awesome details about the choice accommodations on hold, the exclusive-inclusive package rates, and everything that is included!
See our fourth presentation recorded on Oct 21st! Stuart & Kimberly detail the deposit and payment plan, and how to select the stateroom you love most!!
Serenity on the Danube River (but listen carefully to Kimberly’s plans for Stuart)
This is river cruising!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll update this list containing popular Q&A daily!
What TRAVEL DOCUMENTS are required? A passport is required for all AmaWaterways river cruises and it must be valid for at least six months after you return home.
What are AIRFARE options? BEST OPTION: AmaWaterways offers round trip airfare available for purchase which will also include airport transfers (in Zurich and Amsterdam). These rates are published 11 months prior to date of departure. We GUESTIMATE fares may be around $1,200 per person round trip (based on average fares for 2016).
OTHER OPTIONS: You may choose to purchase airfare independently or use airline loyalty points. Airport transfers (in Zurich and Amsterdam) will need to be arranged separately for an additional cost.
Additional Resources: Jump to the AmaWaterways web site by clicking HERE and you will find answers to these questions (and more):
Is Internet available onboard?
What is the dress code?
Can we reserve a table at the restaurant?
Is there an elevator on board?
What time is embarkation?
What time is disembarkation?
When does the Reception Desk open?
What language is spoken on board?
What are the tipping guidelines?
Is smoking allowed on board?
What amenities are available in the staterooms?
What is the Infotainment System?
Are there phones in the staterooms?
Is air conditioning available in the staterooms?
Do I need to bring a converter or adaptor?
Is there a Fitness Center on board?
Is there laundry service on board?
Are there medical facilities on board?
Are bicycles available?
Are all meals included on board?
What type of cuisine is served on board?
What is the beverage policy on board?
Are excursions included?
Are audio sets provided during the tours?
Is there a beauty salon on board?
Is there a gift shop on board?
Is there a pool on board?
What is the minimum age to travel with AmaWaterways?
A few of the folks going…
Send us your pics and we’ll post yours here, too!
We invite you to share YOUR favorite river cruise photos on this page OR on our Facebook River Cruise 2017 group page!